Flatirons Counseling Services provides codependency counseling and therapy to those exhibiting codependency characteristics.
If you find yourself often sacrificing your own needs in order to seek validation or approval from a spouse or partner, you may be codependent. In a codependent relationship, you may have a fear of being alone and, as a result, develop a series of compulsive behaviors aimed at alleviating the fear of losing your relationship. This may lead to excessive people-pleasing behaviors and an intense focus on your partner’s needs while ignoring your own.
Should I Seek Help for Codependency?
If you find yourself noticing any of the following, you should seek help from Flatirons Counseling Services:
- Excessive focus on your partner or spouse’s needs while ignoring your own needs
- Fear of failure in your relationship
- Sensitivity to criticism from your partner
- Denial of relationship problems
- Discomfort with receiving help from your spouse
- Feeling guilty for the suffering of your spouse
- Low self-esteem
- Internalized shame and helplessness
- Projection of self-reliance
- A need to control others
- Self-worth based on taking care of your partner
- Feeling undeserving of happiness
- Caring for and enabling someone who abuses drugs or alcohol
How Can Flatirons Counseling Services Help with Codependency Counseling?
Flatirons Counseling Services’ codependency therapy and counseling can help you develop self-compassion so that you improve your self-esteem and self-care. By identifying aspects of your codependent patterns, you’ll be better able to engage your relationship in a healthy manner.
To learn more about how Flatirons Counseling Services can help you with codependency therapy and counseling, contact us for a complimentary initial consultation.