Adult Attachment Disorder
Flatirons Counseling Services provides counseling and therapy for marriage and relationship-related attachment issues.
It can be a challenge managing difficult emotions that remain from early-life or previous relationships. Harmful childhood experiences, abandonment, lack of support from parents or previous partners can all contribute to a sense of powerlessness over the world in which we live. This can lead to difficulty with your ability to form natural and healthy attachments to your partner.
Should I Seek Help for Adult Attachment Disorder?
If you find yourself noticing any of the following, you should seek help from Flatirons Counseling Services:
- Difficulty resolving conflict with your partner or other adults
- Denying responsibility for wrong-doing
- Control others through hostile manipulation
- Trouble showing empathy, trust, or compassion with your partner
- Trouble giving or receiving affection and love
- Resistance toward actions of a nurturing partner
- Lack self-control – impulsiveness
- Superficially charming and engaging
- Feelings of isolation and depression
- Addictive behavior / substance abuse
- Feeling blamed by family, friends and coworkers
How Can Flatirons Counseling Services Help with Adult Attachment Disorder?
Flatirons Counseling Services’ adult attachment disorder counseling and therapy helps those with marital / partnership attachment issues find a path beyond old emotional wounds that pose as a barrier to healthy attachment to your partner. We’ll work with you in a caring and discrete manner to develop the strategies and processes that will help you develop a trusting, empathetic, and healthy relationship with your loved one.
To learn more about how Flatirons Counseling Services can help you with adult attachment counseling and therapy, contact us for a complimentary initial consultation.