Bipolar Children & Adolescents Counseling
Flatirons Counseling Services provides bipolar counseling and therapy for children with bipolar disorder.
Bipolar disorder affects somewhere between 1- 5% of the adolescent population in the United States. The depression and mania swings in mood can have a traumatic impact on a child’s life by introducing difficulties with relationships, school, and other day-to-day functioning.
Should I Seek Bipolar Counseling or Therapy for my Child or Teen?
If you discover any of the following with your child or teen, you should seek help from Flatirons Counseling Services:
- Constant sensation of fatigue or being worn out easily
- Trouble thinking or concentrating; difficulty making decisions
- Thoughts about death, suicide, or wishing one was never born
- Loss of interest or pleasure in things normally enjoyed
- Increase or decrease in appetite or weight
- Difficulty sleeping, or sleeping much more than usual
- Body movements slowed down, or feeling agitated (can’t sit still)
- Feeling worthless or inappropriately guilty
How Can Flatirons Counseling Services Help Your Child or Teen with Bipolar Counseling?
Flatirons Counseling Services can help provide bipolar counseling for your child or teen in a compassionate, caring, and empathetic environment. While most children with bipolar disorder will need to take medication to stabilize mood-swings, Flatirons Counseling Services can provide your child with an understanding of how to cope with symptoms and how to develop strategies and skills that lessen the impact of mood swings.
Family therapy can also contribute to a more nurturing and understanding family support system so that family members are equipped with an understanding of this serious mental health problem.
To learn more about how Flatirons Counseling Services can help you with your child or teen with bipolar therapy and counseling, contact us for a complimentary initial consultation.